MAX BLONDAT (1872 - 1925)
Crain 1872 - Paris 1925
Max Blondat’s inherent and raw talent, discovered by his village teacher, also is the parish of his aesthetic. Blonde sculpted on wood, stone, glass, earth and bronze with unparalleled dexterity and excelled in the decorative art market through the reductions of his sculptures or creations of small utilitarian objects.
In 1889, he enrolled in the École Germain-Pilon de Paris before pursuing his training in the Mathurin Moreau’s atelier and thereafter in the École des beaux-arts de Paris in 1892. Founding member of the Société des arts décoratifs français in 1906, his most renowned pieces count jewelery for Chambon and Hermes, ceramics collaborations with Edmond Lachenal and a Fountain of Youth,representing three children observing three frogs.
Scarcely evoked during the XXIth Century, Maximilien Blondat, Croix de Guerre 1914-1918 and Officer of the Legion of Honour, may nowadays be admired at the Musée des Années Trente, Musée de l’Oise as well as in Galerie Marcilhac whose aspiration lies in tying up the dilettante’s gaze to one of the best Art Nouveau, Art Deco master.