The Saint-Clément earthenware factory was created in 1758 by Jacques Chambrette, who owned an other earthenware just near-by, in Lunéville. With this second factory, he wanted to focus on the high-quality and prestigious pieces ; it was indeed designated to be the official supplier of Marie-Antoinette’s Trianon. 

In the 18th century, Saint-Clément produced ordinary vaisselle in poetry but also luxury pieces and decorative objects in fine earthenware. In the 19th century, Saint-Clément mostly produced ordinary earthenware and decorative objects. 

In the second half of the 19th century, the factory made copied of pieces from Louis XV’s period, while trying, in parallel, to imitate the colorful patterns of the Strasbourg pottery. 

After 1920, the production is composed of vaisselles and common objects in earthenware with old patterns, but also decorative objects with animal shapes with cracked surfaces (circa 1925-1930). The grout production continued until 1930.